Department of Endocrinology, Government Hospital for women & children(IOG) Madras Medical College, Chennai in association with Indian Academy of Pediatrics – Chennai City Branch organized a CME program on Neonatal Endocrinology, first of its kind in India.
CME was inaugurated by
1. Dr. Edwin Joe, Directorate of Medical Education
2. Dr.Shanthi Gunasingh, Director, IOG
3. Dr. Srinivasan, NICU State Nodal Officer
4. Dr. Sudhakar, IAP – CCB Secretary
Eight Endocrinologist from Tamilnadu, Telangana and Karnataka spoke on different Endocrine topics in Neonatal Endocrinology.
The topics included
1. Congenital Hypothyroidism
2. Undescended Testis
3. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
4. Neonatal Diabetes
5. Neonatal Hypoglycemia
6. Neonatal Hypocalcemia
7. Approach to ambiguous genitalia
8. GH therapy in SGA – panel discussion. The last topic was a panel discussion involving Neonatalogist, Pediatrician and Endocrinologist.
Around 100 doctors (including senior pediatricians and neonatologists) from Tamilnadu participated and gave positive feedback for the meeting.
This is the first time, CME is conducted exclusively on Neonatal Endocrinology in India. My sincere thanks to the IAP- CCB, all doctors and sponsors for supporting the CME.
MD DNB DM (AIIMS)
Government Hospital for women & children (ICH & IOG)
Madras Medical College,