Is my child growing normally?
If you’re worried about your child’s growth, ask yourself these questions:
- Is he the shortest or tallest in his class?
- Is she still wearing last year’s clothes or shoes, or outgrowing them much faster than usual?
- Is he unable to keep up with other kids his age at play?
- Is she growing less than 2 inches per year?
- Does he complain about his size?
- Are there signs of early sexual development (before age 8 in girls or age 9 in boys)?
- Has my 13-year-old girl or 15-year-old boy not shown any signs of sexual development?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, talk to your pediatrician or doctor about your concerns. Your doctor will determine if your child should be referred to a pediatric endocrinologist for further evaluation.
– See more at: http://inside.akronchildrens.org/2013/03/12/why-am-i-so-short/#sthash.xUR1ig8c.dpuf