Child Growth Clinic is an outpatient subspecialty clinic at Apollo Children’s Hospital that started in 2015 to provide comprehensive specialty medical, nutritional, genetic services and dietary assistance to children referred by pediatric endocrinologist for short stature or failure to thrive by their primary care physician. The Child Growth Clinic is part of Department of Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology, Apollo Children’s Hospital, Chennai.
Children with the following health conditions can benefit from this clinic.
• Familial short stature
• Constitutional delay in growth and puberty
• Syndromic Short Stature
• Endocrine conditions like Growth hormone deficiency, thyroid hormone deficiency, etc
• Genetic conditions – Turner syndrome, Noonan Syndrome, Russel Silver syndrome, Mucopolysaccharidosis
• Iatrogenic Cushing’s syndrome
• Nutritional deficiency
• Short for Gestational Age (SGA) babies
• Idiopathic short stature
. Skeletal Dysplasia – Achondroplasia, Hypochondroplasia